Posted on 27 November 2019
If your child has crowded teeth or a bite problem, your dentist may suggest orthodontic treatment like braces. Children as young as 6 or 7 can benefit from early orthodontics. Here’s how this treatment can help.
- Wearing braces early on can reduce treatment time if your child needs additional orthodontics in the future.
- Teeth and jaw problems are easier to solve if they’re treated early.
- Modern braces don’t have to be uncomfortable, as technology has vastly improved them.
- Many children wear braces, so there’s less stigma today.
- Braces often have coloured wires, and the child can choose their favourite colour - making it more fun.
Getting orthodontic treatment during childhood is an investment in your child’s future oral health.
Read the full story here: https://www.colgate.com/en-us/oral-health/cosmetic-dentistry/early-orthodontics/early-orthodontics-may-mean-less-treatment-later